Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas Songs



I feel the best way to get excited for christmas is to listen to christmas songs. However, 19 years on this earth christmas songs seem to be turning into more of an effort than when I was younger but I think I have found the answer to my problems. To begin with I would listen to people covering the classics and then realised, each year you need to find that certain one to obsess over. 2011 for me was Step into Christmas by Elton John; 2012 was any version of The Power of Love, last year I settled with A Spaceman Came Travelling but this year All Alone on Christmas by Darlene Love is my obsession. Maybe its a combination of my new found connection to the Home Alone movies or the fact I believe when it comes to christmas songs no woman does it better than Darlene Love. Of course I still love the classics like Band Aid and Mariah and will listen to them hundreds of times before the 25th arrives but just incase you're feeling fed up with festive songs I hope this helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment