Tuesday 14 October 2014

Book Review ... The Scorpio Races






Two times I read the first chapter of The Scorpio races and both times I never bothered to read any further. My previous bad reading habits were stopping me from reading this wonderful book. Luckily for me the third time was the charm.

Magie Stiefvater created a book that once you were hooked you just could not stop. No spoilers will be given although I need to make it clear that I have never cried this much over a book like I did on this emotional ride. Augustus Waters once said “I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up". Well, Augustus this book made me feel completely the opposite. 

I had previously read some of Stiefvater's work and was pleased to see the writing style remained the same with the story being told from two different characters allowing the reader to become attached to the main characters and understand them in a greater depth. As the main plot behind this book is the final 'Scorpio race' having this attachment created a stronger ending as you're unsure who needs to win more knowing what is at stake for both riders. Basically, it ruined my life but you should let it ruin your life too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment